Manitoba Ag Days continues to give back to their community!
Their most recent donation has been awarded to the Manitoba High School Rodeo Association (MHSRA) as they will be hosting the national competition this summer.
Ag Days General Manager, Kristen Phillips, says they will be sponsoring the 2023 event with a $5,000 donation to the MB High School Rodeo Association through their 'Ag Days Gives Back' program, now in its 10th year of donating funds back into their communities throughout Manitoba.
"The (MHSRA) are hosting the Canadian championships for the first time," shares Phillips. "So, the event is coming to Manitoba! They've signed a 3-year agreement with the Keystone Centre, which is super-exciting!"
"They were looking for an organization that was passionate about agriculture, and the development and leadership of youth. So, they reached out to Manitoba Ag Days to see if we would like to get involved," she explains. "It was a natural fit for us; something that is happening locally in our community, to support the Keystone Centre and to support youth and youth education."
“100% of the 50/50 funds raised at the show, which ran from January 17th until 19th at the Keystone Centre in Brandon Manitoba, are going back to communities throughout the province.” stated Teresa Vallotton, media coordinator for Manitoba Ag Days. “This was our first-year charging admission to the show and the net profits will be distributed through our Ag Days Gives Back Fund as well! The theme for the 2023 show was Farmer Safety, Health and Wellness and so it was a natural fit for us to support all of our 2023 recipients. We are pleased to announce that an additional $15,000 will be distributed this year in addition to the $29,000 handed out at the show bringing our total to $44,000. Since inception our Ag Days Gives Back Community Giving Program has given back a total of $391,500.”
'On Monday we announced the investment into the Keystone Centre AEDs (Automated External Defibrillators) with a donation just shy of $10,000. These life saving devices are essential to the success of all events in the Keystone Centre,' states their Friday media release.
'Manitoba Ag Days is passionate about giving back to the communities where our patrons and exhibitors live. We are thrilled to partner with an organization that has the same grassroots as our organization. We want to see the next generation of youth exceed and excel. There will be 2 – $500 scholarships given away at the Manitoba High School Rodeo and then $4000 will be used to see that the Canadian Finals event is a roaring success right here in Manitoba.'
At the 2023 show they awarded the 2023 grants to the following organizations:
"The Community Fire Department Grant Recipients represent each quadrant of the province. Fire departments play a vital role in community safety through education, prevention and emergency responses. We are pleased to support these departments with $2000 grants towards the following purchases":
- Edward Fire Department (SW): Purchase a 10,000lb warn electric winch and mounting hardware for the pumper truck.
- Glenboro South Cypress Fire Department (SW): Purchase of a repeater system that will double the effective range of existing FM radios.
- Ste Anne Fire Department (SE): Purchase of grain rescue equipment and air bags, which are used to lift heavy items in the event of an accident with entrapment.
- Whitemouth Fire Department (SE): Purchase of spreaders, which are used in the event of an accident with entrapment.
- Roblin Fire and Rescue (SW): Purchase of grain rescue equipment for training purposes.
- St. Rose Fire Department (NW): Purchase of grain rescue equipment.
- Clandeboye Fire Department (NE): Purchase of grain rescue equipment for training purposes and participation in farm rescue courses.
- Ochre River Fire Department (NE): Purchase of a side by side grassland attack unit for covering vast farmlands with difficult terrain.
The recipients of the 2023 Ag Days Gives Back Scholarships of $1000 each were:
- ACC Diploma Scholarship – Rhett Grieve
- U of M Diploma – Lacey Shirley Calder
- U of M Degree – Emily Rob
Manitoba Ag Days also awarded the Education and Leadership Grant in the amount of $10,000 to Agriculture in the Classroom – Manitoba.
'We would like to thank all of you who supported our 50/50 draw and to those of you who attended the 2023 show,' continues their media release. 'Your contributions to the success of our event are being felt throughout the entire ag industry. We look forward to seeing you at the 2024 show January 16th to 18, 2024.
Manitoba Ag Days show is an annual three-day exposition of agriculture production expertise, technology and equipment that attracts exhibitors and visitors from across Canada and the United States of America held at the Keystone Centre in Brandon Manitoba. Applications for the next round of Ag Days Gives Back grants and scholarships will open in the fall and be awarded at the 2024 show.
For more information or the latest updates please visit https://www.agdays.com/ or follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram @mbagdays.