The Boissevain and Morton Foundation held their awards event yesterday evening for Undesignated Funds, where a total of $81,000 was granted to 21 community organizations.
Executive Director, Raylene Conway-Smith, says the Board was very pleased with the number of applications and the amount of money they were able to grant out for these funds.
"There's a really good mix this year of organizations and projects that we've supported," shares Conway-Smith.
2023 Undesignated Requests:
- Seniors' Services of the TM Area - Island for kitchen at Jubilee Manor - $3,000
- Evergreen Personal Care Home - Ice machine for residents - $8,000
- Boissevain/Morton Fire Dept - 2 breathing apparatus - $5,000
- Tiny Turtle Playroom - Gaga Ball Pit for school aged children - $3,404
- Boissevain's Composers & Kids - Cdn composer's visit with music students - $1,500
- Boissevain Curling Club - Replace flooring in kitchen / bar / washrooms - $5,000
- South West Seniors Inc - Signage lighting and electrical / snow blower - $2,000
- TMSD - Boissevain School - Parent Advisory Council - Outdoor sports equipment for K-8 - $1,117
- Boissevain Jr. Curling Club - Removable hacks - $520
- TM Nordic Ski Club Inc - grooming equipment - $4,500
- Boissevain Community Centre - Tables and covers - $3,000
- Boissevain Skating Club - Synthetic ice panels - $7,000
- Turtle Mountain Wildlife - To dig out frost boil & fill w/ clay & gravel at Boissevain Reservoir - $2,000
- Boissevain Minor Hockey Breakfast Club - Hot breakfasts after on-ice instruction - $1,675
- Boissevain & Morton Arts Council - new eaves troughing and cornice repair at Arts Hall - $8,000
- Boissevain Youth Group - Gaga Ball equipment - $973
- Boissevain Boys Club - Upgrade cub care racetrack - $1,195
- TMSD Boissevain School - 30 Cromebooks, 10 Ipads - $11,116
- Westview Lodge - Activities - fireplace/ice machine/2-3 canopy covers - $7,000
- Boissevain Food Pantry - food items for food pantry - $5,000
ALSO Boissevain Bowling Alley Self-Designated - TMSD Boissevain School - Cromebooks & Ipads $3,330
"Altogether it's about $194,000 which also includes the students' scholarships and Designated Funds that will be awarded next month."
Conway-Smith says there are still a few days left of the Endow Manitoba Giving Challenge.
"We're hoping to meet our match, where the government gives us $1 and the Winnipeg Foundation gives us $1 for every $5 donated to us. We usually do fairly well, and it's this money that goes into the Undesignated Fund which builds these grants that were given away last night, each year."
"Thank you very much to everyone who supported the Boissevain and Morton Foundation this past year," she adds. "We have a very good community that works together for the good of the community, and this list of recipients is the proof!"
In response to Canada's Online News Act and Meta (Facebook and Instagram) removing access to local news from their platforms, Discover Westman encourages you to get your news directly from your trusted source by bookmarking this page and downloading the DiscoverWestman app.