ELECTORAL BOUNDARY REVISIONS - Media Release
Brandon, MB – Please take notice that at its meeting to be held Tuesday, April 19, 2022, the Council of the City of Brandon will be considering 3rd reading of By-law No. 7332 to revise the electoral ward boundaries of the City of Brandon.
The purpose of City Council’s revision of the ward boundaries is to:
- re-establish the boundaries to achieve an approximately equal number of residents in each ward, while considering community or diversity interests, topographical features, settlement patterns and population trends
- assign new directional names to each ward which will allow residents to identify wards based on their location within the city
Proposed changes include:
- extending the existing southern border of the current Victoria and University wards to the CN Tracks
- extension of the southern boundary of the current Meadows-Waverly ward to Maryland Avenue
- adding the north-west portion of the current Richmond ward north of Maryland to the current Meadows-Waverly ward, and the south- east portion (east of 9th Street) to the current Green Acres ward
- extension of South Centre ward from 18th to 1st Streets, Richmond to Victoria Avenues
- the addition of a portion from 9th to 1st Street, south of Maryland to the current Green Acres ward
No changes are proposed to the current Assiniboine, Rosser, Linden Lanes or Riverview wards.
Any person wishing to review the proposed ward boundaries may do so by attending the City Clerk’s Office on the 2nd floor of City Hall, 410 – 9th Street, Brandon, MB, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 12:00 noon and 1:15 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. or by visiting the City of Brandon’s website at Proposed_Councillor_Wards_2022.
For further information, please contact the Acting City Clerk, Amber Chapil at 204-729-2280.