Brandon, MB – The new southbound bridge structure of the Daly Overpass is set to open to traffic today, November 2, 2023.
From November 2 – 7, 2023:
· The new southbound structures will open to traffic. There will be intermittent closures of portions of the new southbound lanes to complete the paving operations and associated works
· There will be also intermittent closures of portions of the two northbound lanes to complete paving operations and associated works
· There will be intermittent closures of portions of both the new southbound and northbound lanes to complete the paving operations and associated work
· Fred Brown Way from 18th Street N to 19th Street N will re-open during this period
· The west leg of Pacific Avenue will re-open to traffic, including business access
· There will be intermittent closures of Stickney Avenue and the Pacific Avenue under-bridge loop to accommodate existing bridge demolition and associated work
· Access to businesses and residences will continue to be maintained at all times
“The City of Brandon is very excited to see all lanes open on the Daly Overpass,” notes Mayor Jeff Fawcett. “The Daly Overpass is a critical component to all who travel in and through Brandon. We are very grateful for the work that the Province of Manitoba has undertaken along with everyone who worked countless hours to see this project be such a success.”
Questions and comments about the project can be directed to email@example.com.
In response to Canada's Online News Act and Meta (Facebook and Instagram) removing access to local news from their platforms, Discover Westman encourages you to get your news directly from your trusted source by bookmarking this page and downloading the DiscoverWestman app.
Project updates are available at gov.mb.ca/mti/wms/structures/daly_overpass.