Tourism Westman is proud to announce the 2023 Tribute to Tourism Awards Gala, taking place Wednesday, June 14th at the Souris Memorial Complex.
This special evening will recognize and celebrate the 27 exceptional individuals, businesses, organizations and communities within the Westman region that have made significant contributions to tourism development and promotion over the past year.
"People are excited to have these awards again, since our hiatus of 3 years due to Covid, and so we're very excited to host this event again," shares Regional Tourism Coordinator, Michelle Frechette.
New to this year's nomination category is the award for Resilience & Innovation. "This is an award that is being given to someone who has shown some creativity and strengths throughout the pandemic, persisted through and found different ways to keep going, whether it was through marketing or finding a creative way to get out there to keep their sales going, or finding out ways to help other businesses in the community," explains Frechette.
Awards will be given in 9 categories:
Aspiring Youth Nominees:
- Sydney Murray – Hamiota
- Cassandra Cardy & Zac Easton – Minnedosa
- Taylor Wegener – Elkhorn
Event of the Year (budget over 5k) Nominees:
- Carberry Agricultural Fair & Races
- Souris Survivor Curling Bonspiel
- Manitoba Ag Days – Brandon
- Hunter Brothers Concert – Killarney
Event of the Year (budget under 5k) Nominees:
- Hamiota Show ‘n Shine Car Show
- Ride Like Ole – Minnedosa
- Race the North Face – Brandon
Marketing Excellence Nominees:
- The Minnedosa Skating Club
- Brandon Tourism
- Trails of Toba – Brandon
- Carberry Homecoming Committee & Carberry Chamber of Commerce
- Section 6 Brewing Co., The Dock on Princess & Kickin’ Axe – Brandon
- Minnedosa Chamber of Commerce: Christmas in the Valley
Service Excellence Nominees:
- Sun Sun Restaurant – Minnedosa
- The Souris Hotel
- Summer Shack Drive Inn Restaurant – Carberry
Volunteer of the Year Nominees:
- Tom Instance – Minnedosa
- Jamie Smart – Carberry
- Tony Mully – Minnedosa
Indigenous Tourism Nominees:
- National Indigenous Peoples Day Celebrations, Brandon
- Dakota Nation Winterfest, Brandon
Resilience & Innovation Nominees:
- La Bella Terra – Minnedosa
- enJoy Salon & Spa – Minnedosa
In addition to the regional recognition, all winners will be nominated for the chance to advance to the Manitoba Tourism Awards for a chance to be recognized at a Provincial level!
Award winners will be announced at the Tribute to Tourism Awards Gala being held at 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday, June 14th, 2023 at Souris Glenwood Memorial Complex in Souris, MB. The evening will feature a lovely meal from Woodfire Deli, entertainment by Bethel Road Music and last but not least, the Awards Ceremony.
For more information or to purchase tickets ($50 + GST), please contact the Tourism Westman office at 1-204-726-1513 or by email at email@example.com
Please listen to more with Michelle Frechette sharing on the upcoming Gala event on June 14th.