A shop fire Thursday morning brought fire fighters out from Brandon to the blaze located approximately 25 kilometres south east of Brandon in the Oakland-Wawanesa area.
The shop was a base for a gravel hauling operation in the area. The shop and the vehicles inside were lost in the blaze. Owner Sheldon Moore, says there was also a large amount of building material that was consumed.
Brandon Fire and Emergency Service, Lt Marv Janzen, says the fire was already established when the arrived on the scene and they were unable to save the building or its contents.
Damages are estimated at $450,000. The Fire Commissioners Office has deemed the fire was caused by electrical mishap.