A man from Kenton is in hospital after trying to light a propane furnace and it exploded.


Police say the 63 year old man was attempting to re-light the furnace in his basement. When the man lit the pilot there was an explosion.

The man was transported to hospital suffering from serious burns to his face and hands. He was home alone at the time of the blast.


The incident happened this morning around 5:30 about 1 kilometer south of Kenton just off of Highway 21.


Police say the blast pushed out a portion of the exterior walls and there was some fire damage.

The explosion is under investigation.